Fishing the Minnesota River
A fishermen's forum awaits you
Fishingminnesota.com is an online place for locals to chat up their fluvial & piscine enthusiasms
For a fun glimpse into the habits of mind and body of those who fish the Minnesota River, log on to www.fishingminnesota.com.
Just a few of our favorite postings from this site, below, mix advice, adventure, braggadocio, and a real poetic nostalgia:
- I just couldn't pass up the beautiful weather this afternoon taking care of the honeydoos, instead I hit the river for what is probably the last hurrah.
- Hit the river Tuesday and Wednesday with water temps hovering around 40 degrees Tuesday, and warming up yesterday to nearly 44 by mid-afternoon. Tuesday the walleyes and saugers were popping the jig/minnow combo fairly steady with the two of us boating 30-35 fish, and missing more than that in 3 1/2 hours.
- I wish it would stay between 5 and 5:30 pm for about two hours! ......And I wish I could be at more than one spot at once for the two hours between 5 and 5:30 !!!
- Had a hunch about a new spot and it paid off. A creek inlet, a sand drop off, rip rap shoreline, and a great looking current edge leading into deeper water with minnows = 5 real nice Saugers, two nice Walters, a couple shakers and a few missed fish all between 4:15 and 5:30 or so.
- First cast. Beautiful sauger. Yellow Mr. Twister. See if there’s more.
- I do like that rock! Went down there again yesterday...a little windy but they were hungry. I wish I could have made it tonight but it wasn't to be. Now its gonna be "beat the clock" after work from now on.