Third Water Management Plan amendments approved by BWSR
The Board of Water and Soil Resources, as of June 2015, has approved the District's request to amend its Third Water Management plan. (See second article below on this page.)
BWSR releases performance review of LMRWD
The Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources has released a report on the District, as of December 2014. This report analyzes the "organization’s watershed management plan implementation and overall organizational effectiveness in delivery of land and water conservation projects and programs." To read the report, click here.
Third Water Management Plan amendments
As this document shows, the District, along with its engineering firm Burns & McDonnell, has petitioned the Board of Water and Soil Resources to amend its Third Water Management plan. (See below on this page.) The amendments include studies of District governance, strategic resources, and dredge materials management. See the amended document for a page-by-page description of changes and additions the board is suggesting to the current plan. (You must have high-speed Internet connection to download this file, and still it may take a long time.)
A 2012 report commissioned by the District analyzes past and recommends future ways to govern water resources. Interviewing public and private parties, the authors conclude that the District should "cooperate and partner" as much as possible with these parties. Click on the link above to access the report, which with abstract, body, and conclusions runs almost 70 pages.
Strategic Resource Evaluation
Written by HDR Engineering, the Strategic Resource Evaluation is "A comprehensive survey and review of on-going resource management and monitoring efforts" in the District. The document extends the analyses and implementations of the third Water Management Plan, also prepared by HDR, in 2011.
- Strategic Resource Evaluation (body of report)
- Appendix A: Lakes Data Summary
- Appendix B: Streams Data Summary
- Appendix C: Wetlands Data Summary
- Appendix D: Fens Data Summary
- Appendix E: Category 2 Streams Feasibility Study
- Appendix F: Implementation Plan
Third Water Management Plan
After review by citizens and agencies, including the state Board of Water and Soil Resources at year-end 2011, the District's third Water Management Plan (sometimes called a 509 plan) has been approved.
- Foreward and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Section 1, 1: Land and Water Resources Inventory
- Section 1, 2: Bedrock Geology, etc.
- Section 1, 3: Surface Water Resources, etc.
- Section 1, 4: Chaska's Clayhole Lakes, etc.
- Section 1, 5: Dean Lake, Minnesota River, etc.
- Section 1, 6: Streams and Fens
- Section 1, 7: Groundwater Resources, etc.
- Section 1, 8: Recreational Areas & Maps
- Section 1, 9: Navigation, etc.
- Section 1, 10: Waste
- Section 2: Issues and Problems
- Section 3: Goals, Policies and Management Strategies
- Section 4: Implementation Program
- Section 5: Impact of Implementation
- Section 6: Administration
- References and Appendix